Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
About King's Ely
King’s Ely is a mixed, all-through independent Church of England school and sixth form for pupils aged one to 18. It is located in Ely, Cambridgeshire and has just over 1,000 pupils.
The school can trace its history back almost 1,000 years, and counts Edward the Confessor among its alumni. It was in 1541 when King Henry VIII established the College of Canons at Ely Cathedral and the school gained its Royal Charter.
The school originally for boys, became co-educational in 1970, and in 2012, changed its name from The King’s School. It is run as a charitable trust, with all trustees acting as school governors.
Values and vision
The school believes in the dedication of staff, teachers and support staff to enable pupils to fulfil their potential. It aims to provide and maintain a culture of trust and integrity in which people of all faiths, races, and backgrounds feel respected and valued.
King's Ely promotes personal and social responsibility, and aims to help pupils embrace the challenges and opportunities life presents. The school also seeks to foster creativity and independence of mind, promotes self-knowledge, and develops skills for life through an open-minded approach to education.
“The school fulfills its aims extremely well. Pupils’ achievements are excellent, their academic progress is significantly strengthened by their success in co-curricular activities, with an extremely wide range of pursuits available.”
“The setting makes excellent provision in meeting the needs of the children who attend.”