Minet Nursery and Infant School
Hillingdon, United Kingdom
About Minet Nursery and Infant School
Our School Vision:
“Promoting Respect, Relationships and Responsibility.”
We will achieve this by:
• Working closer with parents and carers to maximise their participation in their children’s education.
• Providing an accessible, safe, imaginative and enjoyable learning environment in which all children can develop their social skills, a healthy life style, physical skills, intellect, creativity, knowledge and understanding.
• Teaching a curriculum that prioritises language and literacy and is cross-curricular, flexible, challenging and grounded in the first-hand experiences of our children and their families.
• Accepting that each child is unique, nurturing their potential, promoting self-belief and raising aspirations.
• Broadening our children’s understanding of the communities and environment in which they live and providing them with opportunities to make positive contributions to them.
Nursery 9.00 am 11.30 am morning session
12.45pm 3.15 pm afternoon session
Infant 8.45am 12.00pm
1.00 pm 3.00 pm
The school has a 60- place Nursery Unit. This is staffed by two teachers and three qualified Nursery Nurses. The 12 classes in the main school are organised into 4 parallel classes in each of the 3 Year Groups
Reception Year for children age 4 to 5 years,
Year 1 for children age 5 to 6 years
Year 2 for children age 6 years to 7 years.
In Hillingdon children start full time school in September or January. Children transfer to Minet Junior School (Key Stage 2) in the September following their 7th birthday. The Junior School is on the same site and we work in close co-operation with them for the benefit of the community.
In the Infant school, their class teacher teaches children for the major part of the week. There is also a PPA cover team of four teachers. The school has a team of classroom assistants who work alongside teachers in Year 1 and Year 2. There is also an Inclusion Team and two Learning Mentors who support individual children’s learning. Each Reception Year class has a full time Nursery Nurse to support the children’s learning in addition to the class teacher.
At lunch time children who stay at school are supervised in the dinner hall and the playground by our SMSA’s (dinner ladies) and other members of the Support staff. The school has a Welfare Assistant, Administrative and Finance Officer, Admissions Officer, Clerical Assistant, Learning Mentors, IT technician, Premises Manager and Cleaners who complete the school’s staff team.