Muriel Green Nursery School
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
About Muriel Green Nursery School
We believe that it is the responsibility of every member of our community to ensure that our aims and values are actively and consistently reflected in our daily lives at Muriel Green. We constantly review the impact of our policies on our children, parents and staff.
At Muriel Green we aim:
- To provide a happy and secure environment within which the child is enabled to develop at his/her own pace
- To provide opportunities which foster independence and confidence
- To provide experience in socialising with other children
- To foster natural curiosity and provide opportunities for the development of skills through direct experience and active learning
- To develop language and communication skills
- To listen with understanding
- To enable children to develop physical skills
- To help children to express their feelings and emotions and cope with a variety of situations
- To develop a sense of self-respect and an awareness of and respect for the needs of others
- To teach them to care for their environment
- To develop powers of reasoning and ability to solve problems
- To encourage and develop a moral and spiritual awareness
- To challenge every child to strive for the highest standard of personal, social and intellectual development, and aim for excellence in all they do
We respect and value the linguistic, cultural and religious diversity that exists in the wider community and are committed to challenging attitudes that promote racial discrimination, ensuring respect for all and preparing all children for life in a culturally diverse society.
Children at Muriel Green are taught to recognise and welcome the community as being multiracial, multicultural, multireligious and multilingual. Throughout all aspects of nursery life it is emphasised that all peoples and cultures are equal.