Notre Dame School
Surrey, United Kingdom
About Notre Dame School
Notre Dame is an independent Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Our Students, aged from 2 to 18, are at the centre of everything we do. We have truly committed and dedicated staff, who will encourage each child to achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
Set in 26 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham, Notre Dame School is set in a picturesque 18th century mansion beside the River Mole. Despite the tranquil setting, Notre Dame School is a hive of activity, with over 600 children and teachers working hard in the important business of education. The school has an enviable reputation for the highest academic standards and a progressive, holistic, academic education that is underpinned by over 400 years of international educational tradition in 30 countries. Established in England in 1937, the school has always had the philosophy that the greatest success comes from knowing how to learn and how to ask the right questions; training pupils to take an active role in reaching and exceeding early expectations. From the vibrant Nursery to the exciting Sixth Form, tomorrow's professionals acquire the skills, knowledge and qualifications that give them the best possible start in life.
The school is filled with a strong sense of purpose, offering a wide-ranging and active education with facilities encompassing new science laboratories, music and drama studios, sports fields, indoor swimming pool, all weather floodlit sports pitches, sports hall, dedicated Sixth Form Centre, a forest school for the youngest pupils, and a fully equipped, West End quality theatre seating over 350.
What we offer:
* The School has high expectations of its staff, and therefore looks to reward them with a competitive salary scale and beneficial conditions of service
* There is an extensive induction programme for all new colleagues and ongoing professional development is encouraged
* Staff development programme
* Staff Wellbeing Program - wellbeing afternoon
* Financial contribution to eye tests and glasses for eligible staff
* Discount for Teachers Reward Card
* Employee Assistance Program - counselling, financial assistance etc.
* Childcare vouchers
* Staff discount on fees
* Free lunch during term time
* Free coffee/tea during term time
* Free use of the school's leisure and sporting facilities, including heated indoor pool
* Commute by school coaches during term time
* Free parking
* School nurse during term time
Notre Dame School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.