OMS Forest Farm Primary School
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
About OMS Forest Farm Primary School
* We are a progressive school. If you wish to work in a formal, traditional setting this is not the place for you!
* We are committed to providing educational environments suited to children's developmental needs, knowledge of child development is crucial.
* We are a Montessori school with an extensive range of Montessori materials. You don't need to know how to use these, but must be willing to learn.
* We are moving towards a participative / democratic school model. There are lots of democratic schools, you may wish to read about these.
* So, if you are ready to teach in a community? Try 'democratic schools in the u.k' in Google for more info.
* We believe in Children's rights, in the rights of all stakeholders - teachers and parents. Do you want to work in an environment that respects your rights and matches these to your responsibilities?
* We are looking for teachers who have the ability to balance the social, emotional and academic realms fluidly with inspiration and warmth.
* Participation is key for us. You may like to look at Save the Children's Participation for School's Website or ours at at www.montessori.squarespace.com or our main site at www.oxfordmontessori.co.uk. There is a wealth of information here to explore.
* Ultimately we are looking for skilled, gifted teachers who know they will thrive in an environment that frees them to teach.
* We do not deliver the National Curriculum. Aspects are used since there is good content. But following the children's interest and preparing our environments to meet those interest is more important to us.