Type: Mainstream School
Phase: All-through with sixth form
Funding status: Independent
Age range: 3 - 18 years
About Runnymede College
Runnymede College is a private school that provides a British education for English-speaking students of all nationalities who are resident in Madrid.
The aims of the School are:
- To provide an all-round, academic, liberal humanist education to all students regardless of their sex, race, religion or nationality. There is no religious instruction.
- To help each child to maximise his or her potential, whether intellectual, artistic or physical, by expecting high standards and using methods appropriate to achieve this. Health education is an integral part of the curriculum but also part of the way of life of the School. Smoking is forbidden.
- To encourage positive social attitudes: respect and consideration for others, of all ages, whether younger children,classmates or teachers, visitors, ancillary staff, secretaries or dining-room staff, grounds men, etc. Good manners and personal cleanliness and appearance are considered very important.
- To encourage an international outlook, awareness of and respect for the different cultures represented among the students.
- Special importance is given to helping students derive the maximum advantage from living in Spain. All students receive classes in Spanish language and where suitable literature, history and geography up to Year 11. This will be broadened to include Years 12 and 13 over the next three years. Spaniards and those who are bilingual follow courses of language and culture prescribed by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science.
Teacher of English and Drama
Runnymede College, Madrid
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding English and Drama teacher to join their expanding Senior School department for September 2020.
Salary: Competitive for Spain, depends on qualifications and experience