South Chingford Foundation School
Waltham Forest, United Kingdom
About South Chingford Foundation School
A warm welcome to the new South Chingford Foundation School, which is part of the Chingford Academies Trust together with our partner school – Chingford Foundation School.
Our commitment to quality, achievement and the ‘comprehensive ethos’ makes us the natural first choice of students, parents and staff in the local area who are keen to contribute to the successful development of tomorrow’s young citizens.
South Chingford Foundation School has many distinctive characteristics:
- It is a supportive 11 – 18 mixed school with new approaches proven to add value to students’ progress in learning, which we exploit and celebrate.
- It is an 11 – 18 school with a developing sixth form provision. Students at South Chingford Foundation School also have a ‘priority access’ to study at the successful Chingford Foundation School academic Sixth Form for students wishing to aspire to university.
- We have a style and approach which ensures details in academic and pastoral matters are not overlooked and are given an equally high priority in a safe and harmonious environment.
- Our ‘personalised’ structures and motivation systems enable us to learn each student’s strengths and areas for development to a degree that makes us an example of ‘good practice’ for other schools.
- Our knowledge of each student’s individuality is the key to promoting good learning habits (e.g. Lifelong Learning) and the development of strong personal qualities needed in an increasingly complex society.
- Our strong approach to ‘Rewards and Sanctions’ means we ensure distractions are kept to a minimum and students are trained in being ‘ready to learn’.
- We understand that boys learn differently from girls and this informs the way we organise learning for our students. Our ‘Code of Expectations’ means that learning includes shorter, more tightly defined lessons, clear objectives, regular opportunities for feedback on a student’s progress, a brisk business-like pace to lessons and more opportunities for the students themselves to take responsibility.
- Our combined specialisms in Arts, Humanities and Sports subjects mean that innovative, high quality provision is available to enable students to develop their specific aptitudes and skills.
- Our strong engagement with the local community means that students and their families rapidly gain a ‘sense of place’ and all the cultural provision on offer in the borough and in London.
- We have an extraordinary range of extra-curricular activities in our Extension Programme and Saturday College, Easter and Summer Schools which provide many opportunities for students to invest in their learning and progress and in the life of the school.
- The school benefits from a convenient central location in which to provide a modern education for students. We are well connected with local cultural provision in Waltham Forest. Our excellent facilities occupy spacious grounds and buildings and provide a centre for community activity.
- We have good links with parents through a range of approaches including governance, Parents’ Forum, Parents’ Association. All these features reflect our belief that a high quality education for the future should be based on a fusion between the best of traditional methods and the very latest thinking and technology. There is a particular emphasis on countering under achievement and instilling in our students an understanding that learning is a life long process, which enables them to succeed in the modern world. When these ‘foundations’ are secured in our students, the new ‘Rushcroft Foundation School’ moves from rhetoric to reality.
What parents say about us
“It was a great pleasure meeting you at last Saturday’s Parents Forum.”
“I’d like to thank you for all the efforts being made to improve communication which will undoubtedly develop into a solid and genuine partnership between parents and the school.”
"Thank you for the meeting on Saturday the 18th May 2013. I was very pleased with the way the school has turned around since September 2012”
Please come and see for yourself to what extent this is true. Visit us during the school day. We have the right mix of academic rigour, well-founded values and many opportunities for personal development. You know your children best, what suits them and the conditions they need to flourish. Visiting the school and experiencing what we offer will provide the best basis for the important decisions facing you. Through our relationship with Chingford Foundation School, we will ensure that the considerable resources of both schools will be utilized to ensure the personal educational journey of your child is as fulfilling, creative and challenging as possible.
I look forward to meeting you. If you would like to discuss anything in this pack, I would be very pleased to talk with you in person or by telephone.
“The great majority of teaching is characterised by effective planning, high-quality questioning and high expectations of what pupils can achieve. This builds pupils’ confidence and self-esteem. Positive, respectful relationships between staff and pupils make a contribution to the learning and as a result pupils in most lessons make good progress.”