South Harringay Junior School
Haringey, United Kingdom
About South Harringay Junior School
Aims of South Harringay Junior School
Our school aims to establish a stimulating environment in which the learning process can take place. A range of experiences is offered, flexible enough to take into account the individual differences in the way that children acquire knowledge and understanding.
• To provide a nurturing environment that is positive, vibrant and supportive for all those who learn and work in our school.
• To provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is inclusive of all children and enables them to grow in understanding and achievement, fulfilling their own potential and meeting our high expectations.
• To celebrate pupils’ efforts / progress and success by developing children’s own confidence, self-esteem and motivation.
• To expect each child to value, trust, respect and show tolerance towards others.
• To develop strong links and foster good relationships with parents / carers and other members of the local and wider community. To work towards a partnership, in the recognition that our joint resources can be of mutual benefit to our children.
• To maintain high staff morale by allowing opportunities for development and room for personal growth.
• To communicate a shared vision and recognise expertise in a caring and supportive atmosphere.
• To maintain a clear, efficient and effective structure which is flexible and appropriate to the planned development of the school.
Vision / Mission Statement of South Harringay Junior School
Valuing the individual, celebrating learning
SHJS is a Junior School where the focus is on each individual, acknowledging both rights and responsibilities. A strong pastoral structure underpins a quality curriculum that seeks to recognise and develop the potential of every student within a thoughtful, safe and stimulating environment.
Learning is celebrated in all its forms. The school believes in promoting life long learning.
We believe that learning is accomplished by giving the child a sense of self-worth.
We are continually striving to help each child gain independence. We work to increase each child’s self-esteem and to develop an attitude of ‘I can do it’ at all times. It is our aim to create a positive and nurturing environment in which children learn skills that will enable them eventually to become independent, productive,
The school has a qualified and highly committed staff, both teaching and nonteaching.
We aim to provide, in partnership with parents and carers, an environment in which each child is cared for socially, emotionally, physically, spiritually and academically.
The Headteacher, the staff and the Governors at SHJS believe that all children are entitled to enjoy their childhood. They should be valued for their individuality, culture and heritage. They should be allowed to develop their full potential in an inspiring and happy environment.