South Lakes Federation
Cumbria, United Kingdom
About South Lakes Federation
Driven by a desire to secure the very best educational standards for all students in the area, the South Lakes Federation was formed as a limited company over ten years ago. It is also a Cohort One Teaching School and enjoys excellent links with the two local primary consortia. It is a successful partnership of ten secondary schools, Sandgate Special School, Kendal College and the University of Cumbria.
Its main areas of work include:
- School to school support and school improvement: as needs are identified through the peer review process
- Professional Development, Leadership Training & Succession Planning: cross area training day and subject networks
- Initial Teacher Training: currently developing the South Cumbria SCITT: led by QKS
- Curriculum Development – curriculum representatives from each school meet at least one full day meeting a term
- Inclusion: Student Engagement and Pastoral Support as well as Inclusion Advocates who meet monthly to consider the needs and provision for those students most at risk
- Research & Development: led by QES
The federation covers the wide area of the South Lakes and beyond but our main office base is centrally situated in Kendal College.