St David's High School
Flintshire, United Kingdom
About St David's High School
St. David's is a forward looking and caring mixed comprehensive school situated on the Welsh/English border on the outskirts of Chester. There are currently 400 students on roll. We are committed to ensuring every child at the school achieves their potential and aims "To be the best we can be, everyday".
The school first opened as a co-educational secondary modern in November 1954. It was a response to increasing numbers of children in the area needing educational provision. It changed its name from Saltney Secondary Modern to St David’s High School in September 1967. The school Speech/Prize day was held for the first time in March 1956.
Craig Burns BA(Hons), PGCE, NPQH, PGDip
Values and Vision
The St David’s motto is “to be the best we can be, everyday.” It aims to educate children in a way that helps them develop into confident, independent and articulate learners who are ready for a future in the modern world. A small size helps give a feeling of community that the school prides itself on.
“The school has useful strategies in place to develop pupils’ literacy skills. In the majority of lessons, most pupils make sound progress. Many pupils develop their information and communications technology (ICT) skills well in many subjects across the curriculum. Many pupils display positive attitudes to learning and engage productively in lessons. In a short period of time, the headteacher has communicated successfully his vision for the school and gained the confidence of staff, pupils, parents and governors.”