St Lawrence Primary School
Surrey, United Kingdom
About St Lawrence Primary School
St Lawrence is situated in the heart of the village of Effingham, very close to Howard of Effingham School. It is a 210 place primary school with one class per year group from Reception to Year 6.
The school’s ambition is to be an effective and improving school and it is with this in mind that St Lawrence became a sponsored academy within THPT in December 2014.
Our aim is to feed curiosity and inspire learning so that every child achieves success, is happy and confident in the nurturing environment of a small, friendly, village school setting.
St Lawrence benefits from a dedicated team of staff and a supportive community of stakeholders. The school has large, bright classrooms all equipped with computers and interactive whiteboards and most with access to their own outside space. St Lawrence also has a fabulous new hall, a large school field, an orchard, an allotment, a playground with a quiet area, an outside classroom, a children’s kitchen and, of course, a library.
OFSTED Comments (September 2014):
• New leadership, supported by experienced and knowledgeable governors, is improving teaching and raising expectations for pupils’ achievement
• School leaders have an accurate view of what the school does well. Their plans for improvement are specifically focused on aspects of the school’s work most in need of development. They are well placed to improve further.
• Good partnerships with The Howard Partnership Trust and local schools have provided a wealth of training opportunities, which are already beginning to raise standards.
• Pupils enjoy school and this is reflected in their improved rates of attendance. They feel safe in school.
• Pupils’ behaviour is good.