The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT)
Bromley, United Kingdom
About The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT)
TKAT prides itself on its high quality of school to school support, our commitment to continuous professional development for both teaching and support staff, our unique approach to earned autonomy for our headteachers and our hands on approach to working with and developing the schools within our academy chain.
We take pride in the support that we offer and want all our students to:
- be happy
- be creative and innovative
- achieve academic success
- develop their interests and talents
- be confident, independent and motivated individuals
The Trust operates primarily in the South of England and our central services are organised to ensure that there is effective support to schools across the areas of Educational Support, ICT, Finance, HR, Health and Safety, and Governance. Our experienced and highly supportive educational and operational teams ensure that our schools are effectively supported.
A Brief History:
- In 2002 the Headteacher of Kemnal Technology College (KTC), John Atkins, together with his staff, started supporting schools.
- In 2006 John was made an NLE and the Governing Body of KTC decided to form a charitable trust to oversee the support of the schools involved with KTC.
- By 2010 there were 5 secondary schools within The Kemnal Trust.
- In June 2010 The Kemnal Trust became The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). The 5 schools under its umbrella became Academies and TKAT extended its work to include primary schools. It soon became clear that both primary and secondary schools have much to learn from each other and can be mutually supportive.
- John received a CBE in the Queen’s Birthday 2013 Honours’ list for Services to Education
- TKAT is now one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the South of England with over 41 primary and secondary academies in the TKAT family covering Essex, Kent, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, and Hampshire.
A charter is a set of principles and commitments. This charter sets out the commitments that TKAT will make to our Academies, staff and pupils. These commitments will guide our decision-making and support us all through our future development. As part of our commitment to you we commit to:
- Respect, honour and promote your identity
- Believe and empower
- Inform you
- Listen to you and
- Support you
We want our Academies to be proud of their membership within TKAT, proud of the value they each add and proud of the positive impact they have on all who pass through our education system. We want our relationship to be founded on trust, openness and respect. We believe that by making these commitments to you and defining our relationship, we will continue to give every individual the best chances in life.