The Radcliffe School
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
About The Radcliffe School
The Radcliffe School is a co-educational secondary comprehensive located in Milton Keynes. It has around 1,190 students aged 11-18, 125 of whom attend the Sixth Form.
Radcliffe has dedicated provision for students who have autistic spectrum disorders. Although the vast majority of learners are educated on a single site, a small number of older pupils do make use of off-site provision for vocational courses.
At The Radcliffe School we are at the centre of a vibrant and diverse community. Our vision and ethos reflects our drive, commitment and ambition for now and the future.
Building Bright Futures Together to Inspire and Achieve…
- academic excellence.
- personalised growth and development.
- a supportive ethos.
- successful community partnerships.
- personal ambitions.
- a happy, confident, learning community.
We do this by –
- Creating a safe learning environment by making sure everybody is valued and cared for.
- Challenging and supporting each other.
- Being open and honest with each other and sharing information to make the right decisions.
- Offering an enriched and varied curriculum.
- Building students’ character by developing leadership, organisation, resilience, initiative and communication skills.
- Providing learning opportunities in collaboration, creativity and critical thinking.
- Valuing our differences and experiences.
- Developing community partnerships.
Ofsted report, 2020
“The Radcliffe School is a caring community that values pupils, families and staff. Parents and carers are positive about the strong leadership and improvements they have seen in recent years. Staff are determined that all pupils will achieve and behave well. They put pupils at the heart of their decision-making and provide a wide range of courses for older pupils to select for study.”
“There are strong systems to manage pupils’ behaviour.”
“Pupils are polite, welcoming and courteous.”
“Pupils are happy and say that they feel safe in school.”
“Pupils know that staff want them to succeed and are helpful if they need additional support. One pupil said, ‘It is the best school in the world.’”
“Leaders have high expectations for all pupils.”
“The school is a calm and well-ordered place.”
“Pupils speak highly of teachers and say that all staff care for them.”
“Parents who responded to Ofsted’s Parent View were positive and confident that staff look after their children well.”
The Radcliffe School is a Good School- Ofsted, 2020