Thorn Grove Primary School
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
About Thorn Grove Primary School
Thorn Grove Primary School is located in the south-east part of Bishop's Stortford and is within a short walking distance of both Herts and Essex Secondary School and the town's railway station.
We believe strongly in a high quality education for the children in their primary years, and want to enable them to learn in a safe, happy and secure environment. We work hard to provide a quality learning environment and range of good resources to support our teaching and learning. The school welcomes children from Nursery, right up to Year 6 and has single year group classes.
Our school community will be known for its shared culture of success, achieving high standards. Our children will be independent and freethinking learners with enthusiastic and enquiring minds.
Our School Aims are:
• To provide a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum, so that each child may reach high standards of academic achievement, and develop their aesthetic, social, creative and physical abilities.
• To provide effective learning opportunities for all pupils.
• To provide an independent approach to learning based on first hand experiences, which extend natural curiosity and reinforce the enjoyment of learning.
• To develop a learning community in which individuals are valued.
• To work as a team, sharing aims and values to ensure a consistent approach to learning.
• To help children to develop relationships which are built on care, trust and respect.
• To provide a safe, secure and positive environment in which each individual is valued.
• To recognise and appreciate their own achievements and those of others.
• To promote a sense of community in school.
• To share our strengths.
• To welcome parents into school and work with parents to enhance children’s learning.
• To encourage open communication between home and school.
• To develop an awareness of, and links with, the wider community.