Tonbridge Grammar School
Kent, United Kingdom
About Tonbridge Grammar School
We are a high achieving selective grammar school with academy status, educating girls between the ages of 11 to 16 and girls and boys in the Sixth Form (1166 students on roll). The School prepares students for GCSEs and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme following the Middle Years Programme in Years 7-9. Our students are encouraged to take part in an extensive range of extracurricular activities.
TGS is situated in Kent ‘the garden of England’, close to Royal Tunbridge Wells. This location is ideal for trips to London and you will also find beautiful countryside on your doorstep. Excellent transport links to both London and the coast.
ETHOS AND VALUES
Tonbridge Grammar School is an IBO World School and our ethos and values are closely aligned to those of the International Baccalaureate Organisation with its focus on intercultural awareness, holistic learning and communication.
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR COMMUNITY
There is a collegiality amongst the staff at TGS which creates a working environment that is intellectually stimulating and highly rewarding. Staff benefits include:
· Two full days of induction and a professional studies programme throughout your first year
· Internationally accredited IB training and MA opportunities
· For NQT’s – Employment form July: phased timetable of teaching and observations, payment over the summer holiday preceding your first year with us
· 10 Academy days giving time for team collaboration and meetings
· Motivated and talented students who are eager to learn in a calm and positive environment
· Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension Scheme
· Well-being package provided by Schools Advisory Service
· Bike to work scheme
· Overseas trip opportunities such as Ski-ing, Malawi, Iceland and Japan
· Free staff fitness classes and mindfulness
· Organised staff social activities
WHAT OUR TEACHERS' SAY
“Doing my NQT year at TGS was one of the best decisions I could have made. The quality of support here is fantastic and every member of staff I've come across has always been willing to help me. Whenever staff have observed my lessons they have given me really valuable and constructive feedback, which has allowed me to develop my teaching skills throughout the year and eventually complete my NQT year with 'outstanding'”.
We are committed to:
· Developing opportunities for every student to learn through real world engagement - promoting collaboration, intercultural understanding and entrepreneurial endeavour.
· Building the resilience and confidence of every student so that they have the emotional literacy to make healthy life choices, flourish and be happy.
· Strengthening our community - securing strong, collaborative relationships with parents, alumni and the wider community.
· Promoting educational aspiration and supporting social mobility - making a positive difference to the life chances of students at and beyond the School.
· Investing in world class professional development - demonstrating best practice locally, nationally and internationally.
TGS is located in Tonbridge, Kent, only 45 minutes by train to the centre of London or to the coast. Excellent travel links to the Channel Tunnel, and London Gatwick airport.