Wallington County Grammar School
Sutton, United Kingdom
About Wallington County Grammar School
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School an extremely stimulating place to work.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
- working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women;
- the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
- opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
- a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance;
- amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
- a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
- the highly advantageous teacher pension scheme based on average earnings rather than a money purchase model;
- access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
- a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
- a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training.
Outstanding Academic Achievement: Every pupil passed at least five good GCSEs including English and maths, one of a handful of London schools to achieve this.- Evening Standard, January 2019
Senior and middle leader development has been a key strand of CPLD over the past three years to build capacity, capability and effectiveness using national and local partners such as the IoE and Sutton Alliance providing national programmes such as NPQML, and NPQSL and Alliance Review opportunities.- CPLD Silver Charter Mark Report, November 2018
Teachers here are leaders of learning. They benefit from highly effective and individualised training which improves pupils’ learning. Pupils recognise that teachers go the extra mile to help them achieve their lofty ambitions.- Ofsted, January 2017
The ‘co-curriculum’ affords pupils opportunities to shine outside of their academic subjects. Enrichment activities are highly prized by staff and pupils alike.- Ofsted, January 2017