Woodcote Primary School
Croydon, United Kingdom
About Woodcote Primary School
Woodcote Primary School was formed in September 2008 following the amalgamation of Woodcote Infant and Nursery School and Woodcote Junior School. Both schools were adjacent to each other and shared the same site.
Woodcote Primary is a popular, oversubscribed school with a reputation for high academic standards. 90 pupils join the school in Reception each year into 3 forms of entry. In addition there is a 52 place nursery called Woodies.
The school is situated in a quiet residential area and is adjacent to Woodcote High School, separated by shared playing fields.
Woodcote Primary School benefits from its original roots in two separate schools in terms of excellent resources, facilities and a highly skilled and knowledgeable staff.
School Mission Statement
Educating with Pride
‘Working in the closest partnership with the family, our mission is to create a caring environment in which basic life skills and a love of learning can be developed from the child’s earliest days in the Nursery.’
Aims of the School
The Nursery and Primary School are fully integrated and share the same aims.
We aim to:
• create a happy, secure and stimulating environment;
• provide a broad and balanced curriculum, giving each child a solid foundation of basic skills;
• provide a flexible curriculum, able to respond to change but which fulfils the demands of the Foundation Stage for Learning and National Curriculum;
• help children acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to their future;
• help children appreciate human achievement in art, music, science, technology, literature and mathematics and look for excellence;
• help children understand the world in which we live and to realise interdependence;
• prepare children for life in a multi-cultural society, with concern and tolerance for others;
• help children realise that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others leads to desirable social behaviour.