Girton Glebe School is a place for learning and enjoyment, where we focus on our pupils fulfilling their potential as valued members of our school community. We are a village school, located 2 miles north-west of the bustling city of Cambridge.
We are seeking an excellent class teacher to join our friendly and enthusiastic teaching team, in a job-share with an experienced KS1 teacher. The role is part-time, 0.5 FTE (2.5 days per week)
At our recent Ofsted inspection in September 2016, we were rated “Good” in all areas. In particular the inspection highlighted: “a strong culture of aspiration across the school”, “teachers plan and deliver lessons that engage and enthuse pupils” and that the “varied and interesting curriculum supports pupils to achieve good outcomes in a wide range of subjects. Achievements in art and music are particularly impressive.”
We can offer:
- a supportive, committed and hard-working staff team
- opportunities to develop leadership skills alongside classroom teaching
- strong commitment to continuing professional development
- an inclusive school with well-behaved and creative children
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate a commitment to high standards and high expectations
- be committed to the very best teaching and learning in KS1
- show an ability in the use of ICT in teaching and learning
- understand a cross-curricular approach and bring exciting ideas to their pupils
- be able to support the aims, ethos and expectations of the school and its community
Applications Close: Friday 22nd June – 9am
Interview Date: Friday 29th June
The application pack is available from www.girtonglebe.com/jobs-classteacher (please note the specific URL for this vacancy) or call the School Office on 01223 276484 to request a pack via email.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please call the School Office to arrange an appointment.
Find out more about us by visiting our website: www.girtonglebe.com
Girton Glebe Primary School is committed to safeguarding, including the Prevent agenda, and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We follow Safer Recruitment practices, which include, but are not limited to, applying for an enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and qualifications check, satisfactory references and medial clearance for all newly appointed staff.
Girton Glebe Primary School
Cambridge Road, Girton, Cambridge, CB3 0PN
Number on Roll: 203