0.5 Vocational Science Teacher - Biology specialism (Maternity Cover)
Salary: Up to £36,007 pro-rata depending on experience
Closing Date – Sunday 11th April 2021
Interview Date – TBC
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Nelson and Colne College are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Vocational Science Teacher to join their team on a part time, fixed term basis, covering maternity leave until June 2022. This role will start in June 2021 and the successful candidate will work 17.5 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher, who can deliver L3 Vocational Biology and GCSE Biology. They will be passionate about student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work-based destinations.
Main duties include:
• Teach L3 Vocational Science (Biology) and GCSE Biology delivering effective learning for students (810 hours pro-rata)
• Plan, prepare and deliver high quality teaching and learning resources.
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
• Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• Compliance with CPD requirements
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...