1:1 Pupil Support Worker (Maternity Cover – fixed term)
Location: Belmont School – Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire.
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday (term time)
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and caring 1:1 Pupil Support Worker (Maternity Cover) to join our close-knit team at Belmont School in Rossendale.
About the School
Belmont is an independent specialist day school for boys 11 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live
About the Role
The Head Teacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring and experienced 1:1 Pupil Support Worker to join this thriving specialist SEMH School. Responsible to the Deputy SENCo, the 1:1 Pupil Support Worker will support an individual pupil with their education and activities, and assist their development as detailed in their pupil statements. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who we are looking for
Whilst experience within an SEMH/SEN specialist provision would be desirable we will consider applications from those who are currently working as a 1:1 Pupil Support or Class Pupil Support Worker in a different setting.
Training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
- To assist teachers in the developing and implementing of individual educational programmes.
- Manage class behaviours effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to the individual pupils need in order to motive them and to ensure a good and safe working environment
- The preparation of materials and equipment
- To support the individual pupils emotional, social and behavioural wellbeing
- To attend staff briefings, INSET days and staff development programmes
- To provide up to date relevant information to key staff concerning the individual pupil
- To complete all daily paperwork and tracking records for the individual pupil
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to build relationships with children and young people
- GCSE’s in Maths and English
- A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all pupils
- Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
- DBS cleared and satisfactory references
- Ability to work on own initiative
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals
This position is due to commence in January 2020 or possibly sooner (subject to approved reference/DBS checks). The post is Maternity Cover only and will come to an end on 17th July 2020 or sooner should the current employee wish to return before this date.
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Please complete the application form in full with no gaps of employment from the age of 16 years.