Hillcroft Primary School is an innovative and thriving school committed to the development of all children and staff.
We are looking to appoint a number of experienced SEN Learning Assistants who will play a key role in individual and small group support for identified children with special educational needs. The positions will range through the year groups from reception to year 6 and will cover a range of learning difficulties and ASD. The successful individuals will support the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the assigned individual, ensuring they attain the targets set.
Dealing with the behavioural, communication, social and emotional development of the child is integral to this role.
Working a minimum of 20 hours per week 8.30-1.00- term time only (39 weeks per year), this is a great opportunity for a skilled individual looking for a part time role.
Please note that there are more hours available for the right candidate
We can offer you:
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities.
• A dedicated team of staff and governors.
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools.
• Supportive and approachable senior management team.
• Well behaved and enthusiastic children
The ideal candidate will be:
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies.
• Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve.
• Experienced of Primary School enabling environments
• Understanding around how to observe and assess progression and attainment
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.