Hurst Lodge School requires a full time 1:1 SEND Teacher from September 2021
The Learning Support Teacher will be responsible for:
- Supporting students with SEND across the school over a variety of subjects
- Interpreting educational psychology reports
- Writing Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) to manage the learning of his/her assigned pupils
- Ensuring the pastoral care, safety and wellbeing of all pupils in their care
- Performing standardized testing and creating diagnostic reports
- Maintaining a well-organised, well presented, pupil friendly and interactive learning environment
- Liaising with the SENDCo and where appropriate with outside agencies
- Keeping up to date with recent research and legislation regarding the field of Special Needs
- Following school policy on all matters
- Attending meetings before and after school, including the occasional twilight meeting, as the SENDCo and/or the Principal considers necessary
- Attending all school functions deemed part of the annual cycle of the school year or at the request of the Principal
- Fulfil other reasonable duties as directed by the SENDCo and/or the Principal
Please be aware that the duties outlined in this job description are not exhaustive.
Hurst Lodge is committed to safeguarding the young people in its care. As such all applicants will be required to provide references, undertake an enhanced DBS check as well as taking part in safeguarding training and additional CPD as required by the school.
Hurst Schools Limited
- English secondary schools
There is no such thing as a typical Hurst Lodge student. We are a non-selective Independent School taking boys and girls from three to eighteen offering exceptional and diverse teaching to support children and make their time at school happy and prod...