Are you a passionate, innovative and inspiring Teaching Assistant wanting to make a difference to the lives of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? Are you somebody who is wanting to provide a unique learning experience for children with specialist needs in a learning environment? If yes, then Vision for Education in Peterborough want to hear from you today!
We are actively recruiting a creative and passionate Teaching Assistant to support students with SEND, including Autism and Attachment Disorder in specialist classroom settings across St Neots. We have positions available whether that be for short-term or long-term placements.
Your role would be spread across the Primary and Secondary Phrase, and involve working with children with emotional difficulties and challenging behaviour. You will expected to provide a level of attention appropriate to individual pupil's needs and be able to modify you approach to ensure that you're meeting all of the needs of the students you're supporting. As a Teaching Assistant specializing in SEND, you will be expected to be able to hit the ground running in environments that are sometimes challenging and be able to adapt quickly to changing situations. You will need to have the ability to work on a 1:1 and group basis with children, and be able to work well in a team.
Whilst relevant experience in an education environment and qualifications within SEND are preferred, this is not essential. This is because we are really looking for individuals with a positive and calming influence, as well as those who can build a strong rapport with the students they're supporting.
Individuals from a Support Worker and Care background will also be considered for this role.
- Be able to hit the ground running in a busy and vibrant SEND environment.
- Be available and able to travel in the St Neots area.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria, as well as Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks.
- Hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
In return for your hard work, we as an agency will provide:
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company).
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) looking to gain further experience in SEND, or for an experienced Teaching Assistant/Support Worker looking to gain a secure role with real job satisfaction and prospects of going on to a permanent contract (if you are the suitable person for the provision and pupils).
If you believe you are a person that fits all of the above, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough Office on 01733 371371 today! Alternatively, please submit your CV to us.