Vacancy ID 011736
Contract Hours Part time 16 hours per week
Disclosure Our school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview Date Friday 23rd April
Please note this role is being re-advertised and previous applicants need not apply
1:1 temporary contract until the child no longer attends our school or until SEND funding ceases to be available. Working hours TBC and discussed with candidates at point of interview.
Governors are seeking to appoint a highly effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Early Years who has social, communication and emotional difficulties. The right candidate will have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities and will be willing to undertake training to further their knowledge of Special Educational Needs.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- Has experience of working 1:1 with children with social, communication difficulties and emotional difficulties
- Will be able to improve the communication and interaction of the supported child
- Will be able to support the emotional needs of the child
- Will support the sensory needs of the child
- Will be able to support engagement and challenge the cognition and learning of the child
- Will be able to work on the child's support plan targets (EHCP targets if applicable)
- Has experience of working closely with class teacher/SENDCO and other professionals
- Is flexible, pro-active and hands on
- Has vision, energy and enthusiasm for this challenge and has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Is experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a wonderful school full of enthusiastic and happy children who enjoy learning
- Hardworking, committed and friendly staff who are fully supportive of our school ethos
- A supportive and fully committed Governing Body
- A firm commitment to your continuing professional development
This post is not open to job share.
Visits to school are welcomed by arrangement with the Head Teacher, Mrs Andrea Swift Please contact the school on 01642 581239.
All application forms must be submitted
to the school by 12 noon on the closing date. Application forms can be found in
the vacancies section of our web site www.holytrinityrosehill.org.uk/vacancies-2
If you have not been contacted by Tuesday 20th April please assume your application has not been successful.
Closing Date 15/04/2021
Holy Trinity Rosehill CofE (VA) Primary School Upsall Grove, Fairfield Stockton-on-Tees TS19 7QU T:01642 581239
Head Teacher: Mrs A Swift
Chair of Governors: Mrs C Himsworth
Holy Trinity Rosehill (VA) C.E. Primary School