Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Year 4 1:1 teaching assistant (KS2 TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in Washington, Tyne & Wear. This support role will entail a long-term supply position which will commence in October 2019 and will be ongoing. This is a Full-time role working Monday to Friday working 8:30 – 15:30.
The role will include working one-to-one with a child in Year 4 who has an educational healthcare plan and has behavioral issues. The desired candidate will have to provide a passion and motivation to support the child.
This ‘Outstanding’ Washington based school are looking for a committed and experienced Teaching Assistant (TA) to join their team. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive. They will be supported by a supportive Headteacher, a strong leadership team and committed governors.
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching assistant in an KS2 environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Ideally be Team Teach trained.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.