Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated 1:1 Tutor to work with Looked after Children (LAC) on a part-time or full-time basis in Rochdale.
You will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC under your supervision within the Rochale area.
As a 1:1 Tutor, you will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve. As you will be working on a 1:1 basis with students, this role will require you to work with students to build positive, professional relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning. Each student’s timetable is tailor made for them to accommodate to their needs and interests, however most students will be studying Core subjects, therefore experience of teaching English and Maths is required.
As a designated 1:1 Tutor you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around each pupil’s EHCP and make reasonable adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on pupils and maintain focus, therefore you will be required to be adaptable and able to think on your feet.
You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
In order to achieve this salary it is essential that successful 1:1 Tutor:
• Has proven experience of instructing or teaching young people is essential
• Hold a full UK driving licence and has business insurance on their vehicle is preferred
• Has a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
• Has experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Vision for Education SEND are a specialist recruitment department that focus solely on recruiting teaching professionals for Alternative Provisions and Special Schools in the Greater Manchester Area. We take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Education you will benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with in your local area with complimentary food and drink
- Access to £350+ worth of free CPD such as Team Teach, Mental Health Awareness, Autism Awareness, SEND code of practice