We are seeking to recruit two One to One Individual Support Assistants to join our Inclusion Team.
Ideally, applicants will have a recognised qualification and experience of working with students who have a broad spectrum of learning difficulties at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, including those with Statements of Special Needs. [Training will be given where necessary.]
Hours: 32 hours per week x 39 weeks per year
• One to one support in lessons to address individual pupil’s personal care needs and close supervision while moving around corridors at busy times.
• Two to one support for toileting
• Time during the day to practise his exercise programme.
• Candidates should have a qualification in English and Mathematics equivalent to at least NVQ level 2.
• Knowledge of the key factors that can affect the way students learn.
• Sound literacy and numeracy skills.
• Ability to make use of ICT to support students’ learning.
• Able to confidently and competently apply knowledge and skills acquired from training into a practical classroom context.
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Ability to motivate and encourage students.
• Awareness of child protection and bullying issues.
• Aware of and willing to promote the school’s inclusion policies and practices.
• Ability to use basic technology resources.
• Be willing to work flexible hours to assist with examination periods.