2nd in MFL
St Joseph's College
Stoke on Trent
- Quick apply
- Main Scale TLR 2(a)
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- from Easter 2018
- Apply by:
- 26 January 2018
Outstanding Second in MFL required
Main Scale + TLR 2(a)Starting from Easter 2018
What we require:
- A talented teacher of Spanish with French with excellent subject knowledge and passionate about languages for all.
- A dedicated professional driven by a determination to achieve excellence for all students and staff and committed to upholding the highest possible standards.
- A future leader who is ready to take their next step and help lead a happy, creative and forward-thinking department.
What we offer:
- A wonderful place to work - a very oversubscribed 11-18, mixed, Catholic grammar school, with an outstanding OFSTED rating and Teaching School status.
- A happy, harmonious, friendly and positive community of 1,150 students (400 in the 6th form) and 120 staff who enjoy excellent working relationships
- A comprehensive range of CPD and career development opportunities within school, across our Teaching School alliance and beyond.
- The support of an exemplary team of colleagues
- An ethos rooted in social justice, concern for the whole person and striving for excellence
- Applicants must be able to teach Spanish across all key stages, including A level, and French to KS3. The teacher appointed will also be keen to undertake leadership responsibilities, with a particular focus on Spanish.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school or telephone if they have any questions.
Please download and complete the application form on our website and return to Mrs F Uschmann, Head’s PA/HR Manager by post or email to: email@example.com Closing date: Friday 26 January 2018 Interviews: Wednesday 7 February 2018
St Joseph's College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants for these posts will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
About St Joseph's College
- St Joseph's College
- London Road, Trent Vale
- ST4 5NT
- United Kingdom
St Joseph’s College sets high standards and demands high aspirations from all pupils. We have a long and proud tradition of outstanding academic performance and results that consistently place us in the top rank of state and private schools nationwide.
We are an 11 to 18 co-educational Catholic school which provides places for Catholic and non-Catholic pupils. Since our foundation in 1932, St Joseph’s College has been a forward thinking community, which provides the very best environment and atmosphere to foster excellence inside and outside the classroom.
St Joseph’s College is part of the Edmund Rice family of schools, founded by the Christian Brothers and following the charism of Blessed Edmund Rice.
The College has Specialist Status for Science and Mathematics and is rated as Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted. The College was amongst the first schools to convert to Academy status in 2011 and in 2012 became one of the country’s first Teaching Schools.
Music is at the heart of this happy school, with our orchestras, choirs and various ensembles performing inside the school, across the local community and, indeed, internationally.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.