- 6th Form LSA (supporting Off-Site at College)
- 1 academic year fixed term contract
- Monday-Friday 8.15am-3.30pm (Term-Time only, 39 weeks)
- Flexibility and overtime essential with working hours is required due to the nature of the role
- £15,892.61 per annum (actual salary)
- To start 1st September 2021 (handover & induction will be offered prior to 19th July for those candidates who may be available prior to September)
We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual who has the ability and skills to successfully work as part of our Learning Support Assistant team within 6th Form/Offsite Education at college. You will be expected to work across a variety of locations and colleges depending on student requirements and as directed by the Head of Upper School and 6th Form Tutor. The role includes driving students using school vehicles and at times personal vehicle if agreeable.
You will be supporting students with their academic, personal and social development. This role is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding. All of our learners have EHCP’s and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School works towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood.
• Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
• Experience of working in schools (preferably SEMH)
• Understanding of SEMH
• Good level of English and Maths
• Fresh ideas and a good insight into how to support teachers
• Ready to learn new skills
• Willing to learn teaching strategies and techniques
• Proactive, creative and innovative
• Flexible, engaging and adaptable
• Free lunch on the school-site and refreshments as well as free parking
• Employee Assist Service
• Regular mentoring and coaching
• Regular training from internal and external experts
• Career progression opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Staff Application Form, Job Descriptions and further details are on our website www.westheathschool.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Interviews will be held with approximately 1 weeks’ notice and will include a trial day to the school site.
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post (including an Enhanced DBS check).
West Heath School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We are a Specialist Independent School catering for a diverse range of needs for boys and girls age 11-19, many of whom have emotional and social communication difficulties. Prior to coming to us, some of our students will have been excluded from mai...