The Abbey School is an independent GSA day school for girls aged 3 to 18 years. Founded in 1887 the school enjoys an enviable reputation of academic excellence, a rich history, a caring pastoral environment and a wide breadth of extra-curricular activity for each individual. With exceptionally high ratings in the national league tables and a thriving International Baccalaureate diploma programme, The Abbey School is the only independent school in the Berkshire area to offer such outstanding opportunities to academically able girls. The girls themselves are motivated, enthusiastic and co-operative and there is a happy, purposeful atmosphere to the school.
The staff at The Abbey School form a strong and professional community of highly skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic people. The governors and management team are committed to supporting the continuing development of its staff and maintain a good working environment with the necessary policies and procedures in place to support this. We recruit only the highest calibre staff, who are enthusiastic and committed. In return we aim to provide opportunities for employees to reach their own full potential for their benefit and the benefit of the school as a whole.
Contributing to the smooth running of BASC
- Deputise when the Manager is absent.
- Help to ensure that BASC runs smoothly and effectively.
- Offer the Manager suggestions for improvements and/or changes.
- Help with admin tasks when the manager is absent.
- Assist Manager with the training of new staff
Working with the girls
- Work closely with all girls that attend, ensuring that their needs are met.
- Pay special attention to the well-being, both physical and emotional, needs of all the children.
- To be involved with all areas of the BASC.
- Plan and run fun activities for the girls.
- Help to ensure that there is adequate supervision of both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Help to encourage and uphold appropriate behaviour amongst the girls.
- Maintain good communication with parents and carers.
Working with others
- Help familiarise new members of staff and sixth form helpers.
- Confidence in interacting with parents/guardians of the girls and offering feedback.
- Assist the Manager in offering advice and guidance to new members of staff when they are planning to lead an activity or actually leading an activity.
- Help the Manager in providing guidance to other staff members if required or if necessary.
- Confident and able to delegate jobs to members of staff to ensure the session runs smoothly.
Hours of Work
- Routinely 15:15 - 18.00 Mondays to Fridays during school term-time. With the flexibility of working some morning shifts 07:15 – 9:00.
- There will be a probationary period of six months during which one weeks’ notice is required by either party. Thereafter the notice period will be one month.
- 20 days paid holiday per year during school holidays only.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is dependent on skills qualifications. Staff are paid monthly in arrears
- The School offers a non-contributory pension scheme worth 8.35% of salary, which all non-teaching staff are automatically enrolled onto from the start date of their employment
- Staff fee concession is available to employees’ daughters who satisfy the entrance requirements and for whom there is a place available
- Lunch is provided
For more information on our lively and well resourced school and for an application form, please visit the Vacancies Page on our website www.theabbey.co.uk.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form in full, including details of suitable referees as instructed, then send this with your full CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com
Interviews will only be arranged following our receipt of a completed application form.
Closing Date: 20th September 2017. Please note interviews may be arranged prior to this date.
For enquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org