(Full or Part Time, term time for a minimum of 34 weeks per year, Fixed Term Contract until June 2020)
Hours will be worked as and when required by agreement, between the hours of 8.30am and 6.30pm for up to 37 hours per week, for a minimum of 34 weeks per year.
Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Required to support a range of subject areas.
Some of this work will be supporting study clubs after college.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Will work with students on a one-to-one or small group basis
- Have a high level of academic literacy and good subject knowledge
- Have up to date knowledge of the national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes/strategies
- Have experience of coaching young people
- Have an understanding of learning, teaching and assessment processes
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine Point 14 £16,000 (£8.32 per hour). This will be pro rated according to hours worked per week, weeks worked per year and the fixed term period.
For example (based on working 34 weeks per year):
- 15 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £4,865
- 25 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £8,108
- 37 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £12,000
Start date: w/c 16th September 2019
Closing date for receipt of all completed applications: 27th August 2019
Interviews planned for: w/c 2nd September 2019
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).