35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students from over 50 Nationalities.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We want to expand our intervention team to include another tutor to work mainly with Year 10 and 11 pupils to improve their attainment and aspiration. The successful candidate will join a committed and enthusiastic team which includes a Lead tutor, a qualified Career advisor and a number of tutors, providing support for both teaching staff and students.
Experience and knowledge of children from diverse backgrounds, is desirable, as is the ability to use initiative whilst working with classroom teachers. Applicants with degrees who are looking to gain experience in education are welcome to apply
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working with KS4 groups to support Literacy and Numeracy strategies.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills, as evidenced by GCSE English and Maths at Level C or above, or equivalent.
- Behaviour Management strategies to encourage positive behaviour.
- Knowledge and experience of intervention programmes that accelerate progress.
- Commitment to raising attainment.
- The suitable candidate will:
- Have at least Level 3 Qualification or Experience
- Be able to use their own initiative to improve areas of practice
- Be able to motivate vulnerable and disengaged learners
The role will initially be until January 2020, but we would hope to extend it subject to School funding.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email to arrange a visit during the school day.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (Hyperlink to FPA website) to find out more.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Gareth Ingle, Lead Tutor on email@example.com
The position is due to commence in January 2019, with interviews to be held Thursday 20 December
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- A Supportive Leadership Team
- A dedicated forward-thinking staff who are committed to teamwork
Closing date: Friday 14 December
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today. Click on the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.