The Academic Principal reports directly to the Principal and oversees curriculum development, the library, scheduling, and student reports (including grades). The Academic Principal works closely with Heads of Department (HoDs), IT Supervisor, the Associate Principal for Teaching and Learning and the Associate Principal for Students. The Academic Principal also supervises the Academic Affairs Office (AAO).
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Academic Principal will also be centrally involved in the overall leadership and management of the School, and will help to establish a culture that is both nurturing and rigorous.
• Chairs HoD meetings.
• Supports HoDs to conduct annual reviews of curriculum and departmental goals and objectives, and seeks appropriate resources to assist in curriculum development.
• Coordinates departmental book orders.
• Supervises and supports new academic offerings.
• Creates the school timetable and responsible for all scheduling.
• Produces and balances student and teacher schedules.
• Oversees all examination arrangements (internal and external).
• Oversees student progress towards graduation.
• Oversees the creation and distribution of academic reports.
• Arranges other appropriate avenues of communication among students, parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators to ensure students’ academic success.
• Works with teachers and counselors to identify students in need of academic support, including those on academic probation.
• Creates programmes to help struggling students, including progress reports, evening studies, and academic contracts.
Professional Development (PD)
• Collaborates with the Associate Principal for Teaching and Learning.
• Assists with new teacher training and evaluation.
Other Areas of Responsibility
• Assists the Principal and HR in the recruitment of teachers and the HoD selection process.
• Oversees the Academic Affairs Office (AAO) budget.
• Works with colleagues to identify and develop academic support programmes.
• Contributes to the School’s communications channels
• Oversees Librarian and support library programmes.
• Collaborates with the Marketing and Business Development Director on the preparation for our Spring Program.