To provide dedicated academic support both in and out of class, in the workplace for learners of English or Maths who have been identified as requiring additional input at various levels to help them achieve and progress.
To work closely with the cross college Maths and English teaching teams to put in place suitable support for the apprentices within Training@Hopwood
1. To provide both in and out of class support for learners in need of support with English or Maths through one-to-one and small group sessions to help learners achieve and progress.
2. With guidance from the Maths and English teaching teams, support learners in tutor designated activities to adapt and modify materials as required to meet the needs of learners.
3. To enable students to overcome individual barriers to learning particularly relating to support needed for English and to work on differentiated activities with the identified groups.
4. To maintain accurate records of work with each assigned student, which are updated, monitored and reviewed on a regular basis and to liaise, on a regular basis, with the designated line manager to report of progress with assigned students.
5. To closely monitor identified individual learner progress in English or Maths
6. To work closely with work based tutors to report and update on learner progress and ensure relevant support plans and strategies are delivered.
7. To maintain accurate and comprehensive learner tracking monitoring and support records, including the Individual Learning Plan, registers and support interventions.
8. To help learners promote independent learning, build motivation and develop their study and organisational skills
9. To actively promote and safeguard the welfare of learners
10. To build effective positive relationships with learners and staff
11. To ensure key college policies are implemented effectively – in particular Safeguarding, Student Disciplinary, Anti Bullying, Harassment and Victimisation, Single Equality Scheme
12. To actively participate in regular staff development sessions to update qualifications skills and knowledge
13. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
14. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.