The successful candidate will join our Bursary team and will work closely with the Bursary staff and the School’s Chief Operating Officer to manage the entire process within Purchase Ledger including reconciliations of statements and other tasks. You may be asked to monitor existing, larger contracts and assist the Bursar with negotiations with major suppliers.
The School uses the PASS school administration computer system (from WCBS), which includes a full set of programmes for all financial processes, as well as for general school administration.
Duties and responsibilities
The key duties of this role are to:
- deal with suppliers and weekly payment runs;
- manage the process of weekly expense claims;
- reconcile monthly company credit cards;
- manage the monthly prepayments and accruals; and
- manage the termly departmental budgets.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Enter data onto a computer system both rapidly and accurately,
- communicate in a friendly and cooperative manner, both in person and over the telephone, and
- demonstrate a good level of numeracy.
It would be advantageous to have either a background in accounting or be working towards an approved accountancy accreditation.
It would also be beneficial to have previous, relevant experience of working with suppliers within an educational environment.
If you would like any further information at this stage, please feel free to telephone Nick Woods on the main school number 01865 688600.
Applicants should submit a fully completed non-teaching application form, along with a full Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter to HR@doverbroecks.com
Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than 22 April 2019