37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Salary Range 7-11 - £20,092 - £21,748 Actual Salary - £17,132.53 - £18,544.61
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for Years 7 and 11 to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
- We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- A real ethos of family where we all value strong positive relationships and support each other.
- An outstanding professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
If you have a passion for education, are able to help support opportunities for learning and progress whether inside or out come rain, hail or shine and love working as part of a team, you could be the person we are looking for!
About the Achieve team
Achieve are an enthusiastic and impactful team, who provide a variety of support for underachieving students within the school, including:
- Mentoring programme to empower students to be remarkable in our three key strands: Academic, Self and Pathways
- Tutoring programme to accelerate students’ academic progress
- Targeted in-class support and withdrawing students from lessons for small group work
- Aspiration-raising experiences for all students, to inspire them for a remarkable future
- We want to expand our Achieve team to include another tutor. This role would be well suited to a graduate who is looking to gain experience in education.
The successful candidate will:
- Mentor a caseload of underachieving students.
- Deliver 1:1 and small group tuition, supporting students with work from a range of school subjects, including subjects outside your specialism. Training will be provided but there is a need to be adaptable and versatile.
- Build strong partnerships with colleagues, parents/carers and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Achieve Team Leader, Careers Leader and other tutors, working as a team towards shared goals.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Informal enquiries are welcome - please contact Gareth Ingle, Achieve Team Leader on email@example.com or 07341523021.
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
- Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (see link) to find out more.
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now Button”.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Firth Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to i...