Position: Administration Assistant/Enrolment Officer
Location: Junior Campus
Salary Range: $29.08 - $30.31 an hour pending experience
Classification: Term Time, 12 Month Contract
Hours: 38 hours per week, 42 weeks per year
Start Date: As soon as practical
Closing Date: Friday, 15th January 2021
At Ryan Catholic College we provide a Catholic education for both boys and girls from Prep to Year 12 on two campuses (Prep to Year 4 and Years 5 to 12). Our students are offered a diverse curriculum in modern, well-equipped facilities.
As part of our team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our employees is a fundamental part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our employees are recognised as being central to achieving our mission and delivering quality learning outcomes for all students.
Ryan Catholic College is seeking applications for the position of Administration Assistant/Enrolment Officer to support the Junior Campus. This is a Term Time Position, completing 38 hours per week over 42 weeks of the year commencing as soon as practical for the duration of the 2021 teaching year.
About the role
The Administration Assistant/Enrolment Officer (Junior Campus) works in collaboration with the Business Manager and provides high level administrative support to the College Leadership Team, demonstrating a degree of self-initiative, flexibility and dependability.
The Administration Assistant/Enrolment Officer (Junior Campus) will be required to be the initial point of contact for all visitors, parents, staff and students to the College. The incumbent will present a professional image and create a welcoming, warm and positive impression.
The Administration Assistant/Enrolment Officer will represent Ryan Catholic College Junior Campus Reception as the first point of contact in a professional, warm, friendly and efficient manner. Duties include:
- Provide reception duties that meets the day to day requirements of the school including:
- Assist in the production of internal and external documents
- Sort, prepare and file documents as required, ensuring a commitment to compliance and confidentiality.
- Support the delivery of operational tasks associated with a high functioning reception including:
- Responding to incoming telephone and email enquires
- Ensuring timely distribution of school correspondence via email or other mode as required
- Deal professionally with and directing enquiries of parents, visitors and contractors as necessary
- Data entry to support registers and record management ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Administrative tasks as required to support the functionality of Ryan Catholic College Junior Campus:
- Enrolment processes for Prep – Year 4
- Student departure processes for Prep – Year 4
- Completing Student Data Transfer Note for interstate transferees
- Maintain the MAZE database for students and families Prep – Year 4
- Transitioning student portfolios and information to new schools as requested
- Student administration duties using Compass
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and functions.
- Provide coordination to students and staff with first aid and sick bay:
- Liaison with parents and staff for sick or injured students
- Maintain and update Prep – Year 4 student medical alert information, ensuring confidentiality
- Administer medication to students as per requirements in conjunction with protocol and process
- Distribution and maintenance of first aid kits.
- Provide Secretarial support to Leadership Team Members - Junior Campus:
- Manage diary/commitments
- Monitor staff access/telephone calls/correspondence, as required.
- Assist the Leadership Team with College activities including, but not limited to assemblies, spring fair, leadership meetings and interviews
- Any other task as reasonably directed by the Business Manager and Principal.
- Previous experience providing generalist administrative support
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and prioritise a range of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability in providing accurate and informative assistance to staff, students and parents confidently.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
- Highly developed computer literacy with the ability to operate a variety of platforms
- Organisational planning and coordination skills including the ability to manage demanding or competing deadlines
- The ability to proactively seek opportunities to extend ones professional scope of practice and learning.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a proactive attitude
- Confident, well-presented and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with staff, parents and visitors
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the college community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Willingness to learn and develop in a supported environment
- Motivated with a “can do’ attitude.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government
- Qualification at certificate level or equivalent knowledge and experience relevant to the position
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Recent administration and/or reception experience in a school or other environment.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $29.08 - $30.31 pending experience
- 4 weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 15th January 2021.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education