Job Title: Administrative assistant
Reports to: Secondary coordinator
Start date: September 2021 (or as close as possible)
Closing date: Friday 17th September
Interviews: week commencing 20th September
Salary: Ark Support Scale 5: Pay Points 5-13 £22,185-£25,588
Ark John Keats is an outstanding and heavily over-subscribed school serving a diverse and aspirational community. We are looking to recruit into our fantastic secondary admin team. You will work as part of a high performing team with clearly defined roles and play a key role in supporting the successful running of an outstanding school. You will have key responsibilities for printing, signage, working with excel to support school and instrumental lesson logistics and take an active part in the successful daily running of the school. We are looking for a reliable and energetic person keen to add value to our pupils’ lives, Turkish speaking is desirable but not essential.
Roles and responsibilities
• Liaising with Heads of Departments to determine the correct structure and format of internal assessments. Printing and organising the distribution of these assessments.
• Supporting the pastoral team with printing and organising of documents, certificate and items related to pupil progress, attendance and character.
• Managing the photocopier system and hardware across the school
• Manage, update and take ownership of display boards around the school.
• Work with the Head of Music to organiser the instrumental timetable for peri lessons. Supporting the wider running and logistics of this programme
• Work as part of the wider admin team to communicate with parents.
• Organise and lead on school photos (distribution to pupils, payment by parents, uploading to the school’s Information system)
• Support with the printing, presentation and distribution of school timetables, duty lists and lesson support.
• Support the academy’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures
• Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
• Help develop an academy culture and ethos that is utterly committed to learning and achievement
• Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professionals in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required
• Undertake and, when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the SLT.
Duties and expectations of all operations team at Ark John Keats
• Execute your role to a highly effective standard
• Play an active role in ensuring a consistently orderly, calm and stimulating environment, both in and out of the classroom
• Speak to staff, pupils, parents and visitors in a kind, courteous and professional way
• Regular feedback through link meetings and performance appraisal
• Weekly meetings as part of the secondary admin team
• Opportunity to play an active role in supporting the successful running of the school
Ark John Keats Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
We are delighted to introduce you to Ark John Keats Academy. The academy is a 3 to 18 all-through school in Enfield, with a mixed comprehensive intake. We opened our doors to our first Reception classes in September 2013 and our first cohort of year ...