22.5 hours per week (Monday to Wednesday) for 39 weeks per year
Actual Salary £7,846 per annum
Temporary until 31st July 2018
We require a competent, flexible individual with excellent communication skills to work in our busy Admissions Department. You will be part of a small, effective Admissions team but will also need to be able to work on your own. You need to be able to work to deadlines and prioritise your workload accordingly. You will require good IT skills and an ability to use a schools based administration system would be useful. The College uses Unit E and training will be given.
The successful applicant will also be part of a wider College administration team and may on occasions be required to supply support/cover to our other admin departments such as the General Office, Exams or Database. You may also be re-deployed to one of these areas dependent upon College priorities and need. The skills required are similar for each department.
Working days will ideally be Monday to Wednesday each week, from 8.30am to 5.00pm. The College holds two Open Evenings in October, eleven Interview Evenings between November and March, as well as two GCSE counselling days and two Induction days which go on into the evening. The successful applicant will be required to be available to work on all, or most of these evenings and will either be paid for the work or have time off in lieu.
This post is temporary until 31st July 2018
Purpose of the Post
To work as directed by the Senior Manager HR & Administration in providing effective support within various College administrative departments as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide clerical and administrative support as and when needed, primarily within the College’s Admissions Department in the first instance.
- To help with the administration of the College’s admission process from application to induction of new students. Responding to enquiries from parents and prospective students and actively aiding in the marketing of the College
- To manage and process applications from initial application through to induction and enrolment; ensuring entrants meet College entry requirements, evaluating academic qualifications and answering application-related enquiries from students and parents, in a professional manner, to ensure a smooth application process for all applicants.
- To undertake general administration – filing, photocopying, use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and other computerised systems to ensure applications are smoothly processed.
- To input information into College computer systems as and when directed
- To help provide reception cover at busy times: answering telephone calls, greeting visitors, dealing with student and parent enquiries and to help with the taking and receipting of monies for trips and visits, books, bus passes as directed
- The post holder may be required to work in other College administration sections at a level commensurate with this post.
- Due to the nature of this post, assisting a number of different departments, it is not possible to provide a comprehensive list of duties.
- Undertaking such other duties as may reasonably be requested by management, commensurate with the post.
Special conditions/Points to note
- The above are the main areas of responsibility and are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all administrative duties which are seen as part of the post
- The purpose of the job description is to indicate the general level of duties and responsibility of the post. The detailed duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character or level of responsibility entailed
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and good practice.
- The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
1. IT competent, proficient in the use of Microsoft applications or similar packages including word-processing and spread sheets with the ability to pick up new packages quickly.
2. Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
3. Organised and efficient with the ability to follow instruction accurately
4. Flexible and able to work well within a team and independently
5. Good administration and clerical skills.
1. Previous administrative experience.
2. Previous data input experience.
Details about the College are also available on the College website: www.colchsfc.ac.uk
To apply for this post a College application form must be completed (unaccompanied CV’s will not be accepted). Application forms should be submitted by e-mail to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or if sent by mail please address to:-
Human Resources Department
The Sixth Form College, Colchester
Essex CO1 1SN
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 22nd September 2017 *
*Applications will be assessed as they are received and interviews may occur at any stage thereafter. Please therefore apply as soon as possible.