Grade: London Borough of Newham Scale 3 (14 -17)
Hours: Term Time + 2 Weeks
Line Manager: North Office Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To assist the North Office manager concerning the smooth running of the North Office throughout the school day.
2. To support the North Office Manager with tasks using SIMs, Word and Excel packages.
3. To assist in the monitoring of students’ internet usage as required.
4. To receive incoming telephone calls and deal with appropriately.
5. To assist with all parental communications.
6. To be a point of contact and dealing with matters in respect of student welfare, and health and safety matters (for example, first aid, contacting parents etc.).
7. To support the distribution of the internal and external mail appropriately.
8. To collate, record and post home work for absent students as necessary.
9. To replenish stocks of printed stationery and photocopier paper in managed printers around the building as necessary.
10. To provide administrative support to staff as necessary.
11. To deal with requests from students and staff as required.
12. To ensure at the start of each academic year each member of staff is allocated a pigeon hole in staffroom/communications room.
13. To assist in the ordering of departmental stationery supplies/orders.
1. Undertaking the necessary training required in order to keep up to date with developments as identified through Appraisal.
2. Undertake training as a First Aider.
3. Ensuring compliance with the school’s Health and Safety Policy, personally contributing to an environment that welcomes diversity and respects individuals.
4. Performing other such duties of a similar nature as from time to time may be required. Fundamentally to fulfilling the responsibilities of this post is the ability to respond flexibly, positively and successfully to the school’s ongoing needs.