Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our fourth consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’.
Summary of the overall purpose of the job:
The Administrative Officers work as part of a flexible team of post-holders at each site of the Federation to provide general administrative/secretarial and office based support. The officers will work either in the team supporting the school senior management or the general duties of the office support for the school.
The Administrative Officers are expected to train and work over a wide range of tasks, supporting areas of need as directed by management.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
As a member of the flexible support team of administrators at the school/site this Administrative Officer is expected to work across the full range of administrative support with a focus on Admissions.
The allocation of duties will take account of strengths in skills and experience, but will be an ever-changing and interesting mix of all areas of administrative support. These will include;-
- Office support for the work of the senior teams of the Federation under the management of the Assistant Business Manager who will prioritise and allocate tasks/pieces of work.
- Diary management, arranging meetings, setting appointments and dealing with associated enquiries.
- Producing letters/reports/minutes and other notes and correspondence as required.
- The set up and accurate use and upkeep of systems of filing, office record keeping and student timetable management.
- Data and information entry to Federation IT support systems to support the office functions of the organisation.
- Arrangements for incoming and outgoing mail.
- First Aid.
- Using the Federation system for ordering and processing payments.
- The accurate maintenance of registers, logs and other office based tools.
- Dealing with enquiries from parents, members of the public or other external bodies as necessary.
- Supporting the reception duties in the school.
- Other project work of an administrative nature as allocated by the line manager.
- Other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
This job description is subject to reasonable review.