We are seeking to appoint an Admissions Administrator who will provide year-round support to the whole senior school Admissions department which has entry points at 11+ 13+ and 16+. The workload will be prioritised by the Admissions Registrar. The role is envisaged as part-time, but those looking for a full-time role could also be considered.
The busy and vibrant Admissions department deals with all aspects of entry to the senior school. This ranges from initial enquiries and school visits, to examinations, interviews and post-offer admissions events. The department supplies registration and entry figures to the Head and Deputy Head in charge of admissions and through them to the governing body.
The admissions database (SchoolBase) is the mainstay of the department, but some paper records are also kept. For many people, calling or emailing the admissions department is their first contact with the school and it is essential that the highest standards of customer relations, helpfulness, courtesy, reliability and efficiency are maintained at all times. The department fosters excellent relationships with feeder schools and works with all senior school heads of department and heads of house.
The Admissions Administrator will be required to:
- produce pupil files for all new senior school entrants
- keep prospective pupils’ hard copy and digital files up-to-date
- ensure feeder school information is up to date on the school database
- assist in managing the counting and distribution of exam papers before assessments
- assist with the preparation for all assessment and interview days
- follow up requests for confidential references for all exam candidates and log and file them appropriately
- assist with the checking of interview lists, collate packs and distribute to interviewers in a timely manner
- help to produce offer packs and collate returned documents
- assist in managing acceptance documents
- record scholarship acceptance data for future announcement in the national press
- manage responses to invitations to admissions events
- help set up large and small scale events
- ensure all materials needed for school fairs and visits are ready for the person attending
- be able to assist with registrations at peak times
- provide administrative assistance to the assistant head, admissions and marketing, as needed
- provide cover for the department during certain weeks of the school holidays, dates to be agreed, but this would include at least three weeks of the summer holidays
- other administrative tasks as may be deemed necessary by the Admissions Registrar
This is an ideal opportunity for an able and enthusiastic person to work as part of the team in a busy and successful department which is integral to school life. The Admissions Administrator will:
- have experience of administrative work, preferably in an educational environment
- ideally have a good level of familiarity with Microsoft Office 365
- demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- have the ability to work under pressure as part of a very busy team
- be able to seek guidance in prioritising the workload
- maintain the highest level of discretion at all times when dealing with confidential material
- be a courteous and clear communicator with strong writing skills
- have a flexible approach to work
- have a personable but business-like manner with an excellent work ethic
- be fully in sympathy with the aims and objectives of King’s College School
In this role, the Admissions Administrator will work up to 40 hours a week (hours to be agreed). The admissions cycle means certain times of year are busier than others so hours can be flexible in less busy periods. Attendance at a small number of weekend and evening events will be required for which time in lieu would be given.
In return, we offer:
- 25 working days’ annual paid holiday plus statutory English public holidays (pro rata) – personal holiday can only be taken during the normal school holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Programme of health benefits
- Free lunch in the Dining Hall during term-time
- Discounted membership of the King’s Sport Club, once COVID-19 restrictions allow
For further details and to apply, please visit www.kcs.org.uk
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 3rd March 2021
King’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
King's College School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
King’s College School is an independent day school for boys aged 7-18 and girls aged 16-18. Founded in 1829 by Royal Charter, King’s is a school of almost 1,500 pupils, including approximately 450 boys in the junior school, located in one of the most...