Beechwood is an oversubscribed school with vibrant, ethnically diverse students who together with our staff create a strong community with great ambition and determined to achieve the highest of standards. The school is on an exciting journey to secure outstanding success. We have excellent extensive facilities and therefore a great teaching and learning environment. Expectations are high and students, parents and staff are very proud of their school.
We are looking to recruit a capable, creative and flexible team player to lead and develop a vibrant, student focused Advanced Learning Resource Centre which supports teaching and learning throughout the school.
As well as providing curriculum support to staff and students, you will be responsible for raising the profile of the Advanced Learning Centre to promote reading and research across the school, giving guidance and advice to students and creating an environment that promotes the learning ethos of the school.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- a clear understanding of how an effective Advanced Learning Centre can make a significant impact on students’ learning and development;
- a commitment to equality of opportunity with creative ideas to ensure all groups of students make good use of the Advanced Learning Centre;
- an understanding of the range of strategies that support reading development;
- successful experience in engaging with young people, meeting their needs in a resourceful and supportive manner;
- knowledge and understanding required to promote and manage a successful Advanced Learning Resource Centre.
- excellent communication skills;
- excellent IT skills.
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, are willing to go that extra mile to support them, be flexible in your working arrangements and have a sense of humour then we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: Applications to be received by noon on Monday 15 July 2019
For further information and an application pack for these roles, please contact Karen Crump either by email to email@example.com or by telephoning 01753 520473.
Beechwood is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. CVs are not acceptable.
An enhanced DBS check is mandatory for this post.