Required for September 2018
Advanced Teaching Assistant
35 hours per week, Term Time Only
Scale 4, £18,450 - £20,671 per annum (actual salary)
Closing date, midnight on Sunday 24th June 2018
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Advanced Teaching Assistant to support learning, teaching and the progress of targeted students. The successful candidate will possess excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills; the ability to communicate effectively; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; show initiative and accept guidance. A willingness to undertake specific training in working with students to develop expertise and specialist skills is also a requirement of this post. The diversity of the school community ensures that Bow is a vibrant and interesting place to work.
In return, we offer:
• A well established and comprehensive mentor programme
• A strong personalised programme of professional development and coaching for teachers and support staff
• Strong links with other local schools for partnership working and support
• A strong community spirit
• Staff who are very supportive towards each other with a great camaraderie existing throughout the school
Bow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and the successful applicant will be subject to relevant vetting checks before an offer of appointment is confirmed and will be subject to rechecking thereafter, as appropriate