We are looking to appoint a friendly afterschool club assistant to join our vibrant and diverse team. This is an excellent opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower opened in September 2014 in order to meet the significant need locally for new places, and was rated Outstanding by Ofsted in 2017. We started with a Reception cohort and will grow by a year group at a time. The academy is a sister school to Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred and Harris Academy Chafford Hundred.
Pro rata: 16 hours per week
What we are looking for:
- NVQ2 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to putting the needs of students first
- An ability to work with young people with a wide range of support needs
The role will include responsibilities such as: supporting children’s play and learning, devising or inputting into daily activities and menus, liaising with parents.
It is essential that you have experience of working with children in a Primary school or a similar setting. You will need to be a good team player, be proactive and be able to act on your own initiative. You should hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 2 childcare or playworker qualification and have experience of working in a classroom in a school or educational setting.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- A new building providing an outstanding place to teach and learn
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Click here to watch the Harris Primary Academy Mayflower video.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For more information, please contact the academy on 0203 772 4588.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.