Warlingham Village Primary School are offering an exciting opportunity to set up and manage our new After School Club. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who will embrace the opportunity to create a relevant, exciting curriculum which promotes the love of learning and is accessible to every child.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team and in close partnership with the Head of School, to provide a safe and stimulating environment that encourages creative and imaginative play; developing a variety of activities including arts and crafts, cooking and other indoor and outdoor games. They will be responsible for the administrative side of the club, including invoicing, purchasing resources and developing and reviewing club policies.
Working Hours: 20 hours (2.45 – 6.15), 5 days a week, 38 weeks per year, plus 2.5 hours per week for administration, planning and preparation.
Salary: FTE £21,253, Pro Rata £10,065
Start Date: September 2019
Closing date: 24th June 2019 at 11am
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is experienced in working with young children
- Is an excellent communicator that is comfortable dealing with both children and parentsIs able to plan and support play activities
- Is able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- Is aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding children
- DSL trained or a willingness to do so
- Is qualified to NVQ level 3 (essential)
What we can offer:
- The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of this school
- A supportive friendly team and work environment
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.