Alternative Provision Lead Teacher – Ark Charter Academy
Reporting to: Vice Principal
Working Pattern: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR
Start Date: April 2021 (sooner if possible)
Closing Date: 1st February 2021
Become part of the Ark Charter community and work alongside our dedicated team of teachers, support staff and senior leaders to raise the expectations of a community, and spark a passion for learning in our young people which will last them a lifetime. Charter Alternative Provision (CAP) supports the learning of up to 20 students in years 10 and 11, providing bespoke core subject teaching, Prince’s Trust qualifications and SEMH support and mentoring. We use a blended approach to learning to enable these students to engage with the provision and become focused on a positive future.
You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student a great education and real choices in life, regardless of their background. A passionate practitioner, you will deliver high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom. The ideal candidate will have flexible skills and experience in a KS3/4 SEMH provision to ensure curriculum delivery as well as pastoral and behaviour support. Ideally you will be able to deliver a range of core subjects with support from the specialist Heads of Department.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response, early applications are encouraged.
Key responsibilities include:
• Developing appropriate schemes of work and programmes of study ensuring that literacy, numeracy, ICT and ECM is fully incorporated
• Contributing to the development and maintenance of a broad and balanced curriculum and range of interventions, in accordance with the needs and circumstances of students.
• Using data to inform teaching and learning, identifying areas for intervention and providing feedback to students, staff and families in order to promote progress and outcomes
• Working with students, on or off site, in whole classes, groups or individually as appropriate and guiding Student Support Staff in the delivery of the curriculum
• Being involved in delivering SEMH Support to students in Twilight and mainstream classes
Why join us?
Our teachers and support staff work hard every day to inspire each and every student to develop skills which will help them to achieve their full potential - both in the classroom and beyond.
We pride ourselves in recognising hard work and rewarding it accordingly, providing opportunities for professional and personal growth in school and across the wider Ark network. As well as networking with colleagues in other Ark schools, our staff receive high quality training and support, with twice as many training days as standard.
For more information, please contact Philippa Dawson on 023 92 824204 or via email at email@example.com
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process which will include questions about safeguarding. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Charter Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Charter Academy opened in September 2009, replacing St Luke’s C of E School. Charter Academy’s ambition is to offer its students outstanding academic opportunities. Charter Academy is a mixed, non-selective school, offering places to 11 to 18 year ol...