Vision for Education are currently recruiting for an Alternative Provision Teacher who is looking for a full-time teaching role. It is essential that you have effective behaviour management skills and be passionate about working with young people, particularly those who have become disengaged.
The Alternative Provision Teacher role requires someone who has the ability to teach multiple subjects at KS3 level, and also ideally at lower ability KS4 level. You will be working with small classes of students who have identified needs and EHCP’s, ideally combining a secondary-age focus with a primary-age nurturing ability.
We have positions available for a good Alternative Provision Teacher, at a number of different sites within Manchester and Salford. All of them are a popular destination for pupils who require an alternative educational setting to a mainstream secondary school.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the Alternative Provision Teacher position are:
• Have either QTS or QTLS
• Good behaviour management
• Either experience of, or a desire to work with SEMH children
• Have a nurturing character
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision For Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As an Alternative Provision Teacher and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an Alternative Provision Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd