Grade D, Scale Points 4-6 (£18,933 - £19,698 full time equivalent)
37 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks
Start date: As soon as possible.
‘There are no great schools without great teachers’
‘Come and be #proudtobepindar’
George Pindar School is an 11-16 secondary situated in Scarborough and we are a community school where our colleagues are #proudtobepindar. We are a school with low staff turnover, high staff satisfaction and we are looking positively to the future. We are within commutable distance from Filey, Driffield, Malton and York
We are a proud member of the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner Graham School. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at George Pindar School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high aspirations, mutual respect and resilience. We work together as #TeamGPS to ensure that every member of our community can strive for success.
The ARC programme will support our students at risk of exclusion in mainstream lessons, and offers them a curriculum and education in partnership with our partners ASPIRE.
As a result of external promotion we are recruiting to the important post of Alternative Provision Tutor, based within our ARC (Aspire Reengagement Centre) provision. The provision opened in September 2019 and is an incredibly special offer for a small group of our young people to help them achieve in education.
Run with partners ASPIRE we offer a tailored Key Stage 3 and 4 curriculum to two mixed aged classes of up to 8 students. Both classes have their own Alternative Provision Tutor, with specialist mainstream teachers teaching within the ARC.
Our Tutors are highly trained colleagues who look after, understand and discipline children in their tutor group, forming important relationships with parents and carers and contacting home every day.
Full training will be provided by our partners at ASPIRE to support tutors with behaviour management and diagnostic skills.
• Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
• Work well as part of a team
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to support students who find learning in the mainstream school environment challenging
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues with the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible and the closing date for all applications is Tuesday 26th January 2021.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role please contact James Annetts at email@example.com (01609 534939 or 07966 261249)
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website at http://georgepindarschool.org/ by clicking on the vacancies page, or by contacting James.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we sadly can’t offer school visits at the moment we would encourage you to view our school videos on our website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
George Pindar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of age 11 - 16 years