The Abbey School is embarking on an exciting new phase of Alumnae Relations and seeks an individual to provide continuity of current activities and help in the planning and implementation of new initiatives.
The key purpose of the role of the Alumnae Relations Officer is to maintain and develop strong, positive, and value-added relationships between our Alumnae community and The Abbey.
Duties and Responsibilities
All stakeholder (incorporating Abbey Alumnae) Engagement and Communications
● To plan and deliver a year-round programme of engagement opportunities for Abbey Alumnae which will build and develop value-added relationships both for Alumnae and for the School.
● To plan, promote and manage the range of Alumnae-specific events across the year, including managing bookings and payments, and liaise with all areas of the School as may be required to provide support for their delivery.
● To promote, manage and maintain the AbbeyConnect online mentoring service for Alumnae and sixth form students provided by Graduway, and to be the school’s principal point of contact with this external supplier.
● To prepare, print and publish the annual Alumnae section for the Magnolia newsletter early in the summer term alongside Marketing.
● To deliver regular e-newsletters to the Alumnae community and other stakeholders via Raiser’s Edge Online Express.
● To prepare content for and manage the Alumnae pages and stakeholder engagement of the School website.
● To prepare content for and manage the Alumnae FaceBook (CLOSED GROUP) site.
● To support the members of ASROGA (the Abbey School Reading Old Girls’ Association) and be the key point of contact in their interactions with the School.
● To manage all communications between Alumnae and other community based and local stakeholders and the School (face-to-face, email, phone, letter) answering queries and responding in a professional manner as a representative of the School.
Promotion of the Alumnae Community
● Be a champion for the Alumnae community within School:
● Build strong working relationships with key members of staff – Governors, members of the Executive team, and teachers
● Identify and deliver opportunities where Alumnae can add value to the day-to-day activities of the School, particularly with regard to careers activities, lectures and talks, and other School events
● Share the successes of Alumnae with the school community and seek updates on Alumnae from other staff.
● Promote the benefits of membership and active participation in the Alumnae community to current pupils and encourage all sixth formers to join the Abbey Connect.
● Manage a team of Alumnae Prefects each year and secure their commitment to support the annual programme of Alumnae events and activities.
● Seek to maximise the involvement of Abbey Alumnae in wider school events wherever possible, including the biennial Careers and Higher Education Convention (jointly run with Marketing and the Director of the Aspire programme at The Abbey), and the rolling programme of Networking Dinners (jointly run by Development/Aspire and Marketing).
● A working knowledge of how museum spaces and archives operate is desirable but not essential.
Data Management and Alumnae Systems
● To be responsible for the maintenance, management and quality of all data relating to Alumnae members (including former staff, former parents and former governors) held on the Raiser’s Edge CRM; and to ensure its compliance with the requirements of Data Protection, GDPR, and any other regulatory obligations.
● To produce reports and queries from Raiser’s Edge as required to support the strategic and operational management of the Alumnae community
● To manage the interface and migration of alumnae data between the Raiser’s Edge and other related Abbey IT systems such as iSAMS and the AbbeyConnect.
● To be a key point of contact for Blackbaud in relation to our Alumnae data, issues and queries regarding the Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Merchant Services, Blackbaud Payment Service and Rapid Pay.
● Undertake stakeholder engagement activities and maintain data wrt all our local and community partnerships.
● To undertake other tasks to support the School’s wider activities as reasonably required.
● Take minutues at ACC/Guild/Alumnae/ASROGA and other stakeholder meetings.
● Assist with all administrative preparations for fundraising with stakeholder groupings, including the annual Telethon.
● Attend stakeholder gatherings - many of which are out-of-hours - on behalf of the School.